Ancient India has been a land of sages and Rishis who spent several years in Sadhana or spiritual practice, and shared their wisdom with everyone. Due to India’s rich spiritual legacy, India today is considered a land of spiritual exploration, visited by millions of people from all across the world who wish to explore themselves.
Given by the Rishi Patanjali, Yoga is one of the six key Hindu philosophies. It consists of eight limbs or parts that help you achieve enlightenment or spiritual self-realization. India has become the top destination for learning Yoga and Rishikesh has now become the Yoga capital of the world.
Here are eight ten reasons why you must learn Yoga in India –
- Indian Spiritual Legacy: As stated earlier, India has been a land of seers and sages, who spent several years learning the secrets of the universe and Human life. We have six systems of Hindu philosophy, which explain the creation of universe, human life etc. In Vedanta, everything is considered to be divine, or ‘Brahma’. Yoga philosophy says that human is a divine creation and we only needed to realize it. Yoga has given the system of eight essential parts that are to be followed to attain this realization.
- Authentic Teachers: Due to India’s spiritual legacy, you will get authentic and well-trained teachers in India, who have learnt Yoga first-hand from their gurus.
- Affordable: Learning Yoga in India won’t cost you a bomb. You will get plenty of economical options to learn from some of the best teachers in India. You will get packages fitting in your budget, as per specific needs and requirements.
- Learn the Real Yoga:Many people think Yoga is only about Asanas and body postures. However, as stated earlier, Yoga has eight parts or legs that help you achieve enlightenment. Body postures or Asanasare only required to help you stay physically and mentally fit to move towards enlightenment. So, here in India, you will get an opportunity to learn the REAL yoga and not the ‘cherry picking’ Yoga.
- Himalayas: Himalayas are also one of the key reasons why learning Yoga in India becomes a great experience. As per Hindu mythology, Himalayas hold a special place in India’s history as well as spiritual legacy. Himalayas has been the choicest destination for ancient sages or seers for meditation. Even now, Himalayas is the favourite destination for spiritual seekers for their spiritual sadhana.
- River Ganges:Holy River Ganges is another reason why you must learn Yoga in India. Rishikesh, the Yoga capital of the world, is located at the banks of river Ganges, and at the foothills of Himalayas. According to Hindu mythology, Ganga holds a special place for Indians. For Indians, Ganga is not just a river; it’s a divine mother who looks after her children. That’s why spiritual seekersprefer to sit and meditate besides Holy River Ganges to enhance their meditative experience.
- Explore Spirituality: Indian spirituality has spelt a well-defined path for spiritual seekers to attain enlightenment. In Bhagwat Gita, Lord Krishna has defined four legs to get closer to God – Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Gyan Yoga, Dhyana Yoga. To attain enlightenment, you need to follow all four parts. India gives you an opportunity to explore each part to perfection and help you achieve realization.
- Network: India attracts spiritual seekers from all over the world, who wish to attain enlightenment and self-realization. You get an opportunity to meet like-minded people and enhance you learning experience through knowledge sharing and exchange of ideas.
India is the perfect place to learn and practice spirituality. If you are a sincere seeker, India offers immense scope to discover yourself and attain self-enlightenment.
We, at Happy Yoga International Yoga School, provide comprehensive Yoga Teacher training courses for beginners as well as advanced learners in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India. You may decide to pursue a course of any particular duration – 100Hrs, 200Hrs, or 300Hrs – as per your qualification and interest. We provide courses suiting your unique requirements as well as budget. Our courses start in the first week of every month. To know about our various Yoga courses, visit our website – www.happyyogainternational.com.