Yoga is called “science of the soul”. This science originated in India thousands of years ago &has been transforming people’s lives ever since.Today,Rishikesh, a city nestled in the foothills of Himalayas, is known as the yoga capital of the world. You will find many good Yoga Teacher Training schools offering a wide range of yoga courses. Beginning to learn yoga requires a lot of practice and conviction. Once you have mastered the art of asanas or Yogic postures, you can explore further and reach the pinnacle of life. Many international visitors come to Rishikeshto explore this ancient science, and get benefits from it.
What is Yoga?
Yoga has been defined in many ways but the basic meaning is ‘to unite with one’s soul’. By removing the cloud of ‘maya’ or illusion from our mind, we realize the deepest corners of our soul and attain highest forms of bliss and pleasure.
Here are Top Benefits of Yoga:
- Bliss is a divine phenomenon, only the focused or sincere seeker can attain it. Once you realize your true self, life becomes a celebration and pure joy.
- Silence means no activity in the mind-body. A mind is constantly at-work, either thinking of past or planning for future, so yoga will first make you aware of this phenomenon. Yoga incorporates looking within, silencing the ‘monkey-mind’ and realize the soul – the form of divine within ourselves.
- Music plays a huge role in helping you attain the awakened state of consciousness.Music entails various sounds present in the nature. Through Yoga, therhythm and various sounds will descend on you in the form of divine vibrations.
- Fragrance – It is said that once you are in deep meditation, you can feel the fragrance from the divine. As Yoga brings you closer to the elevated state of consciousness, you feel extremely sensitive to the surroundings.
- Deep relaxation – Since you transcend your mind and its attachment, you attain utmost bliss and deep sense of pleasure. Through daily practice, you sustain this state of higher consciousness, and you continue to experience the bliss.
- Openness and learning – In order to reap the true benefits of Yoga, you need to be dedicated and sincere. You also need to be open-minded, and keen to learn the concepts. Through sincere efforts, you can achieve a heightened state of consciousness, and achieve ‘Moksha’.
- Radiance – When energy is constantly moving inside our body, it forms an aura – an inner light in your body; especially the facial part will become more radiant, silent and relaxed, like a Buddha.
- Freshness – You will exhibit freshness, and not easily get tired or fatigued. One will look at the world with fresh eyes – understanding it in a new way.
Asanas – Basic yoga practice starts with the Asanas or Body postures because:-
- Discipline – Through years of indiscipline, our body gets intoxicated and full of impurities. So in order to get our body in proper condition, Yogic postures are taught.
- Centring – The physical body, in itself, has no power. It is the conscious energy or the soul that fuels its entire functions. The body has no capability to move of its own; if it moves then it’s an unconscious action. Asanas will help youin regaining posture, and maintain firmness in the body.
- Surrender – Asanas prepare you for mini-surrender, one will know the art of surrendering. Enlightenment is nothing but ultimate surrender to the divine, which resides within all of us.
Meditation – means to know the truth, the truth about our true self. Meditation or Yoga is all about discovering who we are. Enlightened people say that I am neither body nor mind, which really means that meditation is the search for beyond the body & mind, that state is called enlightenment, moksha, liberation, nirvana etc.It is a difficult process, but truly worth all its pain and tribulation.
Yoga is a systematic path for attaining the divinity within us. It is very scientific in nature and involves comprehensive mechanism to attain an enlightened state of mind. You can’t know by just reading about it, or listening about it. In order to understand its philosophy, you need to delve into it, and realize the elevated state of consciousness.
Yoga has nothing to do with religion. A person of any religion can practise it.
Yoga is a science that helps you understand your true identity. A great saint,Patanjali in India, with a scientific mind like Einstein,discovered this science through intense ‘Sadhana’ or practice. Yoga is also called ‘the science of the soul”.
Rishikesh– a very holy place in India located at the foothills of Himalayas and on the banks of the holy river Ganga, has well-established schools that provide wide range of courses in yoga. These courses are comprehensive and quite affordable. People from all over India and the world come to learn Yoga in Rishikesh, thus making it “the world capital of Yoga”. Rishikesh is always brimming with spirituality, and houses a number of temples, ashrams, spiritual centres making it an ideal place to learn and practice spirituality.
We, at Happy Yoga International, cordially invite you to experience this time-tested,ancient science of transformation andattain enlightenment. By joining our 200 hours yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh, India, you can learn the art of yoga and also teach others so that this amazing science spreads far and wide.