Happy Yoga International: Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus
According to Yoga Alliance, Our coursework covers both basic as well as advanced concepts of Yoga philosophy and includes the essential elements of both Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga. Our curriculum is inspired directly by the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the founder of Yoga science, and contains the below-mentioned elements:
- Shatkarma: The art of Yogic cleaning practices or ShatKarma will be integrated into the morning schedule along with the Asanas or body postures. Shatkarma essentially means purifying your body, mind as well as the soul from various karmic blockages or impurities. Shatkarma prepares you for the next stages of Yoga practice.
- Chanting: Vedic chanting has always been a crucial element of an Indian or Hindu system of worship or seeking divine intervention. Mantras play an important role in increasing concentration and controlling the mind. As a part of our course structure; you will learn the basic concept of Vedic chanting and different types of Vedic mantras.
- Asana: You will be introduced to various asanas in a systematic manner starting from the basic steps to the more advanced postures. Along with the Asanas, you will also learn various breathing techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy: You will learn the basic of Yogic anatomy and physiology and understand how the body affects our mind.
- Yoga Philosophy: You will learn the Yoga Philosophy – its origin, philosophers, ancient texts and teachings. You will also understand the various elements of Yogic science, the essentials of both Hatha Yoga as well as Ashtanga Yoga.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is a technique through which we control our breath or prana, in order to acquire a more relaxed state of mind. Pranayama teaches you various breathing techniques that enhance your respiration and improves tranquillity or peace of mind.
- Yog Nidra: Yoga Nidra is another form of meditation. Performed while lying on the back in the Shavasana pose, it relaxes our entire physiological and psychological system. This technique rejuvenates the body and mind, giving a deep sense of peace and tranquillity.
- Meditation: You will learn what meditation is and what meditation is not. You will gain the better understanding of various meditation techniques, and learn how to meditate for longer periods of time and achieve mental peace.